Let’s be fair guys, web development today is far easier, effortless and hassle-free than it was a decade ago. Thanks to the abundance of outstanding web development platforms like Joomla, WordPress, etc., today a layman can have his own website without requiring much money and coding knowledge.
However, web development is not just a process of creating a responsive website and making it live on the internet. If you want a quick online presence, you can start by downloading a template as it comes with built-in functionality. So all you need to do is to make relevant changes in the theme, move things here and there and boom; your business is live within hours. It is cheap, cost effective, time effective and apparently, a comfortable and safe option for a beginner level website.
However, in the broader perspective, a website is far more than just aesthetics and functionality. It is the face of your business on the internet; it’s your business card, and there are hundreds of different factors that contribute to making a website successful in the long run. A premade template is undoubtedly cost effective, but as you get along with the things, you will come to a point where the theme won’t suffice your needs.
To be fair, be it website template or custom web development, there are pros and cons of each approach. In this infographic below compiled by, Go-Gulf, a web development company Dubai, we have distinguished the benefits of custom web development and what makes it a better option. We have also highlighted some back draws and disadvantages to show you both sides of the picture.
• Custom built websites tend to generate more ROI compared to their template manufactured counterparts.
• Custom web development offers more opportunities to make your website visually effective and appealing to internet users.
• Custom built websites provide a better user experience as they are developed keeping the business objectives and the target audience in mind.
• Custom built websites are more sustainable as they provide the opportunity to offer users a personalized experience based on their demographics and preferences.
• Custom built websites are unique, and they can easily accentuate themselves from the clones. That is why the custom built websites have a default advantage in rankings as search engines love uniqueness.
• Custom web development is an expensive solution and requires a lot of time in planning and research.
• Custom built websites require the services of professional web development experts to meet the particular needs of your business.
• Custom built must undergo testing phases to ensure bug-free functionality. Moreover, a custom-built website is difficult to handle so the maintenance can be expensive as well.
Why You Should Choose Custom Web Development Over Website Template – Infographic
Infographic: Custom Web Development vs Website Template