With a plethora of options to choose from, there are a million reasons why customers would not buy from your website or in a worst-case scenario, won’t even visit your website. On the other hand, there only a few reasons for your customers to prefer your online store over others and keep coming back. The most fundamental criteria for the success of any online business is e-Commerce website design and development. Hence, it’s necessary that the design and development of an e-Commerce website should be neat.
Here are a few essential features, from the perspective of design and development, which will help you attract more customers towards your e-Commerce website:
1. Navigation of the Website: – This is an obvious yet essential factor which determines the bounce rate of any e-Commerce website. People love having a lot of options to choose from and enjoy checking out all of them before making a decision. Hence, people are more likely to shop from an online store with clearly listed products and which is easy to navigate through. Many successful e-Commerce websites, such as Amazon, have a drop-down menu at the top of their website where all the categories of the products offered have been listed clearly and are very easy to navigate.
2. High-Quality Photos and Videos: – One of the major advantages of online shopping is that people can view a lot of products from anywhere, anytime without having to visit a brick and mortar store. People zoom in, enlarge, and view the pictures of a product from multiple angles to get a feel of what they are about to purchase. So, online stores should have high-resolution photographs which load fast to keep customers engaged and interested in their website.
3. Supported on Multiple Devices: – This is crucial: as Google has declared that websites which are not supported on mobile devices would be ranked low on their search pages. Moreover, studies suggest that one in every three online purchase is completed on a mobile device. Hence, mobile friendliness is an extremely essential factor for the success of any e-Commerce website.
4. User Reviews: – User reviews play a crucial role in helping a buyer make a decision as most online shoppers read reviews. Even a negative review can impact positively as a user-generated review is a testament that the product has been purchased by others. If the functionality of a website doesn’t support user reviews, they could use plugins from websites such as Facebook or Yelp to display reviews.
5. Wish List: – A wish list allows users to select and save products which they like and would like to buy in the future. This feature is essential to attract buyers who wish to buy a product but can’t at that point of time due to some reason. Nonetheless, a wish list is a good reason for customers to visit your website again. Nowadays, people also share their shopping wish list on social media platforms. This will provide you social proof and free marketing.
Apart from these factors, a good online store needs several other features to stand out from the crowd. Some of them include: hassle free return policy, stringent security, related products, detailed shipping information, etc. Having a well-designed website is undoubtedly beneficial for any business. So, it’s important for business organizations to seek a professional eCommerce website development company for designing and developing their online store or e-Commerce website.